In the early 1970’s, Peter Opsvik, a respected designer and father, saw the need for a children’s chair after seeing how uncomfortable his son was after he outgrew the traditional high chair.
The chair Opsvik envisioned would lift the child up to the family table, have a footrest to give stability, and be fully adjustable to suit children of all ages. And the result was Tripp Trapp, a revolutionary high chair, in terms of form, function, and material use. Launched by Stokke in 1972.
The Stokke Tripp Trapp
Choosing a highchair can be a daunting task when you think about all the choices, expense and length of time your child will be using it. Since this is the first seating experience for most children, it is worthwhile for parents to make a choice that will have benefits and implications beyond mealtime.
When is a child naturally ready to sit upright?
Babies’ natural development is to sit by themselves on the floor around six months of age. It is not uncommon to see parents start seating children upright too early, which can result in a slouched posture. Until a child can sit unassisted on floor, the neck and spine are not developed enough to support baby’s head.
Putting a baby in a seat designed for sitting with balanced upper body position before that time can result in improper spine and neck development. As with all new activities, when the child is ready for the chair, start sitting a little at a time.
How can you ensure that your child is comfortable in a highchair?
Comfort is defined as proper ergonomic support and ability to move; not the “lazyboy” concept of softness and cushioning. Lower back support is important; and a flat surface is the best surface upon which to sit. A height adjustable seat allows a child to sit close to the table and be “level” with fellow diners. Consider a chair with a footrest. A footrest provides a “floor” under a growing child’s feet enabling him/her to move for comfort, as well as reach for things at a slight distance.
Does the child need a tray?
Not necessarily. Depending upon the chair, the table itself may serve as the child’s tray.
Discover the Tripp Trapp as well as other exciting products for you and your child at Stokke.com.
Some Example of Stokke Product
Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair Bundle, Walnut
- The bundle includes Chair, Babyset, Cushion and Tray
- Chair made of cultivated beechwood, providing a strong & durable product.
- Baby Set includes a seating rail and a baby back plate providing support.
- Chair adjusts for a child ready to sit on his own (around 6 mos) thru adulthood.
- Unique height adjustability and depth adjustability
Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair, White
- Brings your baby to the dining table and closer to the family
- Baby set and cushion accessories provide comfort for your baby
- Highly adjustable seat and footplate positions
- Available in a variety of colors for your baby boy or girl
- Classic Scandinavian design by Peter Opsvik
Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair, Baby Set - White & Tray - White
- Stokke TRIPP TRAPP with Baby Set and Tray - White by Stokke
Stokke 2019 Tripp Trapp Chair, Natural
- Intelligent design grows with your child providing a comfortable, ergonomic seat at any age
- Wooden high chair has adjustable seat and footplate, providing comfort, stability and ergonomics
- Made to fit right up to your dining table, keeping your baby close to the family during mealtime
- The Tripp Trapp high chair is made of solid construction that can hold up to a 242lb adult
- Available in a variety of colors and wood finishes that complement your décor
Stokke Tripp Trapp Complete Bundle - 2 Items: Tripp Trapp Highchair & Tripp Trapp Babyset Natural
- Bundle of 2 Items: Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair Natural & Tripp Trapp Babyset Natural
- Perfect combination to grow as your baby does, from infant to college
- Ergonomically designed to provide stability, comfort and confidence
- Made of cultivated beechwood, providing strong, solid and durable product
- Holds up to 300 pounds (without baby set)
Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn Set, Jade Confetti
- Fits any Tripp Trapp chair produced after May 2003
- Includes: Newborn set with upholstery, 5 point harness and shoulder pads, toy hanger, Tripp Trapp extended glider, Tripp Trapp textile set
- Suitable for newborns up to 20lbs
- No tools necessary to remove or attach chair, red-green indicators turn green when mounted properly ensuringproper and safe installation
- Upholstery can be removed and machine washed
Stokke Tripp Trapp Review
Hi friends! Welcome back to my channel! Today's video is a review of the Stokke Tripp Trapp! We absolutely love it and I know you will too! Hope you enjoy! - XO ...
Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair Review: The Good & Bad!!
Here is an informational review of the Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair. I tell you what I like and what I dislike about it. Even though I had some not so good things ...
How to Use the Tripp Trapp® High Chair From Stokke®
Please watch this movie to learn more about your Tripp Trapp® and how to use it correctly. For more information visit www.stokke.com/tripptrapp.