Entah gimana asal usulnya, dalam bahasa Inggris, kerap ditemui julukan pria atau wanita terhadap sebuah benda. Baik itu benda mati, atau benda hidup seperti binatang, tumbuhan, dll. (entah apa istilahnya ini). Sebuah kapal laut misalnya, kerap kali kapal laut disamakan dengan panggilan 'dia' seolah sebagai seorang wanita (she). Misalnya, "She's listing to starboard, Captain!" dll-dll.
Nah, lalu bagaimana dengan komputer? Apakah komputer dipanggil dengan "she" atau "he"??
Berikut ini adalah perdebatannya (yang sengaja tetap dalam bahasa Inggris agar tidak mengurangi kelucuannya (alias gw kagak bisa terjemahinnya)) Hehehe..SPONSOR
Recently, a group of computer scientists (all males) announced that computers should also be referred to as being female. Five reasons to believe computers are female:
- No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
- The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
- The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as, "If you don`t know why I`m mad at you, then I`m certainly not going to tell you."
- Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
- As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
However, another group of computer scientists, (all female) think that computers should be referred to as if they were male. Their reasons follow:
Five reasons to believe computers are male:
- They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
- They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
- As soon as you commit to one you realize that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model.
- In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
- Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.